Friday 10 October 2008

Exclusive Sean Pertwee News

I'm rubbish at headlines, eh?

So this is what's happened... It seems that Sean is head and shoulders above everyone else for the position of the Doctor. The reason being is that, not only do the PtB want him to take the role, but Sean himself is actually pursuing it. He's instructed his agents to approach the BBC, contacted RTD and the Moff directly, and, perhaps noticeably, got the OK from David to do so. David, it seems, has given him his blessing... but not just yet.

In other news, I have to inform you, faithful reader, that it looks like the Neil Gaiman/Ice Warrior thing is not going to happen. I posted this on OG earlier, but it seems no one is interested in people who are entirely honest, similar to the slight retraction about Paul, no one commented... mention an old monster appearing though, and the place goes thermo nuclear. Pfft. Ah well. Change, my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon, perhaps... sorry, I'm thinking out loud. Thank Christ I don't do these drunk. Usually. Anyhoo, where was I? Oh yes, Ice Warriors. It seems The Faces In the Dust is not "a go". Pity that, I might write it myself. That's not to say Neil Gaiman isn't going to be involved, just not in an Ice Warrior story. Shame, that had great potential. Personally.

Another thing is that it looks like the Moff is winning his battle - quite rightly - to not use the Daleks in the series opener. I'm in two minds about this. I know what is coming, and wow, typical, genius Steven, but, hey, we love the Daleks. Unless it's the usually Steptoes moaning over their fingerless gloves... "'arold, its them bloody darleks again, can't we give 'em a rest?" Jeesh... it's THE DALEKS! Have a solero and shut the fuck up. (CR Peter Kay)

I'm also having a bit of an issue with pedantry. I mean, there are some things that are prerequisite to commenting about something else - knowledge being the main one, I mean, like I said, I hate those fuds who start things with "I've never seen the original series but..." or the newbies who insist on called the latest series NuWho. Like that, one word. Like BudLite. THERE IS NO SUCH THING! If we were to call Doctor Who "new" every time it changed it'd be nu-nunu-nu-nununu-nu-nunu-nunununu-nu-nuWho. That's clearly bollocks. It's Doctor Who. Full stop. End of. It's the Davies/Collinson era, even the Tennant one. That's all. Anyway, pendants. Drive me crazy. It's not the guys who say "oh, you didn't know... here.." and tell us stuff... good guys, nice guys, clever guys... it's the guys that go (Pushing glasses up their nose and flattening the brylcreem) "I think you'll find that in the episode entitled "Doctor Who" aka "The TV Movie" aka "The Enemy Within" the Doctor said the planet would be "PULLED" inside out, not "TURNED"." And? Sorry, I was too busy having a life. Or the guys who seem to have an encyclopeidic knowledge of every post ever posted on every thread on every forum... then go and find it... guys who say "that's not right, and to prove it..." and go and lay every DWM out over their bed til they find the offending article and then quote it... my God, is it important? Really? That much? Try wiki. As my old nemesis MLock once said, "sorry, I'm busy getting on with my life" and he's quite right too. Wives and boyfriends and children and family and work and nights out and feeling the wind on your face, are far more important than flicking through DWM for two hours just to prove someone you'll never meet and who doesn't care wrong in front of a lot of other people you'll never meet but who mostly think that makes you a cock. Best just to go "is it? oh... anyway, as I was saying..." No one likes a smart arse. Says the smart arse! :)

Happy times and places

Eddoe

PS I think you'll find that's spelt "Eddie"
Really, em, fuck off. :p

3 comments:

jmannseelo said...

I don't think this era wil be referred to as NuWho forever. The time will come when it will either be referred to by the Actor playing the Doctor or RTD. Eccleson wasn't really around long enough to make it feel like we've been through two eras, and with both Tennant and RTD still around "NuWho" feels more comfortable than talking about either of them in a past tense sort of way. I give it a few years into the Moff's and Doc 11's run until "the RTD era," "Eccleson's season" or "Tennant's run" become the standard labels. Until then I think "NuWho" is a fair way to denote what is a new start for the old warhorse.

BaaBaaDooFarm said...

Sorry to hear about the change in Neil Gaiman's brief. Would still like to think he'll come up with something brilliant for series 5. He's in the UK right now. I wonder if they've been "talking".

Thanks for putting this info up in the blog. I avoid the hardcore spoiler sections on the forum.

- Gyrf

Scjampade said...

I just discovered your blog after reading some of the bickering on OG. Just meant to say that I really appreciate your humour and your honesty, as well as the nice peaks you give us. Keep going, and just forget arrogant people, they never listen and after a while they are boring anyway.
A big hug from Italy!