Wednesday 29 October 2008

Tennant To Leave: Three To Screentest As Auntie Beeb Says "No"

Bugger.

Well, as you all know David has announced he is to leave Doctor Who at the end of the last Special next year. I have to tell you, faithful reader, that whatever I have read regarding that, didn't include a regeneration. I spoke to David at the weekend, and he was still then saying he wanted to stay. It was, it appeared, up to the BBC. Negotiations had been ongoing for a while, and the "final offer" had been put on the table. Although amiable, both parties were quite a distance apart. David, I believe, wanted another "hiatus" after series 5 and a promise of a film to be pursued. The BBC were not happy to go along with that. Neither, incidentally, was The Moff. So it looks like things have reached a dead end. The Upperboat guys are now a bit in shock, as they fully expected David to be returning. However, the chance is now on for a new Doctor, and tonight I have learned that three known actors are to screentest for the part before Christmas. Who thoughs guys are at the moment, I don't know, but as soon as it is safe to do so, I'll let you know.

David, you're a friend and an incredible actor, an amazing Doctor. For a lot of children you are their Doctor. You wanted to do the part justice, my friend, in reality, you did more than that, you made it soar. You will be missed.


In other news, both Omega's Biscuit and I are amazingly pleased by the response of the newly launched Outpost Skaro - the darkside of fandom. We, just today, reached 1000 posts. Yay us. Remember if you haven't already joined, please do so. Speaking of forums, my ban on DWF has been lifted. Steve, Arisia and Arnold seem to spend just as much time in Skaro as they do in their own forum these days, and, after some questioning, Steve said that if anyone banned contacted him, there was a fair chance they would be reinstated. So I did, and apologised for the double profile. And, to his word, he reinstated me. Yay. However, I have to say, I was kinda enjoying my lurker status, and may just continue to do that... I'm enjoying posting more in Skaro, if I'm honest. Perhaps the whole DWF thing has tainted my view of it. Nevertheless, I certainly will join any debate about Doctor Who if it piques my interest enough - or if it's started by a git. :p Having said that, thanks to Steve for his genuine responses on Skaro and Arisia for her enthusiasm. And erotica. Oh my. And to answer the comment on the previous post about why I would want to be there if its all just a tv show, well, because I should be there, because its important that, if you are talked about, or have interests discussed, it's only fair that there is a right to reply. Whether that reply is public or private, it's important to be able to have it. It never ceases to amaze me though why strangers think they have the right to demand justification from what others do. Pomposity and arrogance and perhaps a boring life, I'd imagine.

So a busy old day fandom wise. Phew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where"s Outpost Skaro gone?