Monday 6 October 2008

Is Tom Baker REALLY Coming Back?



Now this is one of those fascinating things. This is when speculation joins expectation. See, the people in charge of Doctor Who are fans too, to a man, so what we say "wouldn't that be cool?", so, on the whole, do they. Of course, there is a difference between coollness and fanwank (CR Craig Hinton, the best fan in the world!), but sometimes, like an eclipse, they spectacularly collide. Daleks v Cybermen anyone? {{{you-are-bet-ter-at-dyyyyying}}} Genius!

Now, with reference to my Nightshade
stuff, it seems that the OG guys have picked up on something I deliberately left out - like I said, there have got to be some surprises left - but it looks like the cat is out of the bag. An elderly star of a former telefantasty programme? Professor Nightshade could very well be played by former, my Doctor, Sir Thomas Of Baker. That's Tom Baker. In Doctor Who. Again. With David Tennant. Midseason viewing booster. Reunited with Annabelle Reid from Monarch of the Glen . Aw yes. Molto bene!

Now, nothing is confirmed, nothing is agreed, and nothing is certain, but, if, with a fair wind and some good karma, all goes to plan, I think Nightshade, if made, could become the all time all best ever Doctor Who adventure.

Scuse me, whilst I wipe my chair.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I really hope this doesn't happen. It is far to post-modern and ironic for its own good.

jmannseelo said...

Tom Baker as Professor Nightshade would be an inpired choice.

Still iffy about using the story to begin with though.

BaaBaaDooFarm said...

OK, resistance is futile, I have finally bookmarked your blog :).

- Gyrfaucon

jimdunn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jimdunn said...

Tom Baker as Professor Nightshade would, indeed, be inspired...